Glass Blowing Classes
Blowing glasses is both an art and a skill. You might be able to blow a glass and with your artistic abilities, you can create something great. Or, you might have all these great ideas as glass pieces in your head, but your skills needs improvement. Whether you need more inspiration or you need to improve your skills, there is a solution to that. The important thing here is your desire to create a masterpiece that will satisfy your heart in creating something that expresses the idea or thought that you want to convey.
Improving your skills in blowing glasses
When you already have this burning desire to create something special by blowing glasses, then you are on to a good start. You just need to hone your current knowledge and skills and get your teacher to teach you about techniques that would make your hobby more exciting, serious and of course, even more fun.
The idea of attending glass blowing classes will expose you to the idea of working in a group, if you signed up for a group class, or having someone around you who is well experienced in this craft. This will open the doors to allow you to ask questions that you can definitely apply in the long run. In addition, when you create your beautiful pieces, you have somebody else in the room that can critique your work and one that you can trust has knowledge about what he or she is talking about. With all these information in your belt, there is really nothing else to do but to do better.
In addition to having someone who knows the craft by heart, you will also have access to materials and tools that you may have not used before. This will benefit you in a way that you will get to experience whether certain tools will work to your advantage or is it too heavy to work with or it may just be the perfect tool that is missing in your tool box. Then, you know what to get next paycheck when you go to the store.
Aside from attending glass blowing classes, be on the lookout for conventions. When you do attend these awesome events, you will meet more people with the same interest and interact with them. You can start an invaluable network that you can use in the future for just about anything. It can vary from questions, to suppliers and even customers in the embodiment of their friends and relatives that might be living in the same neighborhood as you do.
Getting more creative inspiration
All artists experience this at one or more times in their lives. If you happen to find yourself in that particular spot that there is really nothing that you could create that makes your heart beat in excitement, do not be alarmed. This is perfectly normal.
Paper! This is going to be your best friend. If you can get a drawing pad that is convenient for you to carry around or put in your backpack or satchel, then take it. You also need a reliable pencil and eraser so that you can instantly draw the idea wherever you are. Below are some suggestions when you still find it challenging to get creative.
- Find a quiet place. A lot of artists find solace as a great place to restart and boot again. In many cases, they find themselves pouring out ideas that sometimes, they can’t even keep up with it. This is why it is important to always have your drawing book with you.
- Happy place. Think of a happy moment, many of the inspiring pieces, whether glass or other mediums were a product of a happy memory.
- Talk to your friends. If you are looking to get inspired to make a glass project, you may want to opt to talking to the network you started when you went to the convention. They will understand this burning passion to create something. In addition, if you already have a group in Facebook or any social media, then you can use that network as well for additional inspiration.
- Look at pictures online. Looking at pictures online could also inspire you to create something incredible.
- Listen to music. Find that perfect music, close your eyes and let your mind wander. This is another form of getting in touch with your inner you. This is also another motivation that motivated inspiring pieces whether it’s a painting, sculpture or any art pieces.
- Just doodle. A lot of sculpture and even other types of artists were surprise at how doodling can actually start an amazing idea. Each stroke that contributes to the thickness of a strike of a pencil brings out a certain element. After few minutes, you will notice something that stands out. This might be the next inspiration that you are looking for.
In relation of finding inspiration, there was this artist in Japan who was having difficulty getting an idea to create something; to paint something. Out of the blue, he notices his pet goldfish. He started creating his first 3d painting featuring his goldfish. Now, Riusuke Fukahori is one of the well known artists because of this great creation, which started from something that he always had in his room – his pet goldfish.
Starting a project
So, now that you have something to start with, you can roll up your sleeves and you can start working. No idea is bad idea. Just draw them in your drawing book or just simply doodle. When you finally get an inspiration, you can plan how you want to make your glass project. All that you have learned from your glass blowing classes and the creative inspiration is going to allow you to make something incredible. Just take a deep breath and then just do it. Have fun!
Sharing your project
When you finally create a masterpiece, you can make use of the social media platform to post a picture and share it in your account. Perhaps, you can also manage your own glass blowing classes,too. Needless to say, glass blowing classes is also being offered online because of its high demand.