Planning a Theme for Your Western Theme Party
Having a Party
Are you planning to have a party at your place? Or are you simply planning a party? If you are, then you should make sure that you will be able to prepare all the things needed in preparing for a party. Do you have your checklist ready? Or are you clueless on what you should do yet? If you do not have any idea on you are going to start your party yet, then you should start thinking as early as now, it is actually ideal to plan for a party months before, especially if the party is something that is really big and not just one of those unplanned parties.
Planning on Your Party
If you are planning a party, here are some of the things that you should consider and think of before going through with the preparations:
- The first thing that you should consider is to know your reason for wanting to have that party. Is it for business? Celebration of success? Birthday? Or a gathering? This is important because from here, you would know what type of preparations you need to make, the things you need to prepare, and the guests that you are going to cater to.
- The next thing that you should do after identifying your reason for hosting the party is to allot a budget for the party that you are planning. Budget is very important because, without this, you would not have any party to hold. Therefore, you should make sure that you have the right budget for the party.
- Another thing that you should consider is the theme of the party. Make sure that the theme of the party would go well with your target guests and of course yourself. the theme should be something that you would enjoy but will be appropriate for your reason for having a party. Although you can have a theme that would make your party unique, you should just know how to work it with the occasion.
Western Theme Party
If you have no theme for your party yet, you may choose a western theme party. So, what is this theme? Typically, this is a country-like type of party with cowboy hats and cowboy boots. There would be some sort of barn type decorations.
Food for Your Western Theme Party
Here are some of the food suggestions that you might want to serve when you are having a western theme party:
- Barbecue Baby Back Ribs. This dish is one of the signature dishes that you should not forget to serve when you are having this kind of theme. see, when you say western, barbecue baby back ribs is one of the things that would come to your mind.
- Home-Style Macaroni and Cheese. Mac n cheese is not only for kids, even adults would love this food. So, if you have young guests, then you can serve this dish for them to enjoy and even your adult guests.
- Honey wheat ropes. This will add to the decoration of your party, and at the same time, add to the food that you are going to serve. These are simply pretzel sticks that look twisty.
- Tasters. This is also called spuds. Basically, these are chips, that can add to your lines of finger foods and snacks when the guests are done eating the main dish.
- Country Fried Chicken. Just like the barbecue baby back ribs, this is also one of the classic foods in the west. These are made from the breast of chicken, which is cut into strips. These strips are then breaded and fried, then it is ready to be served to your guests.
- Hoedown Muffins. Basically, these are cornbread muffins. This can serve as a dessert or something that the guests can nibble on when they are done eating.
- Grilled Steaks. This is also a food that will be good for the theme. However, even if it does not go well with the theme, people will still love this dish. You should just make sure that you cook this properly so that guests will enjoy eating this. This, of course, will be part of your main dish.
- Quesadillas. You can serve the easy chicken and cheese flavored quesadillas. You are going to need a burrito sized tortilla to make this, and of course, the chicken and cheese. You may add this to your line of appetizers.
- Beverage. Of course, you should not forget the beverage, people who are eating will need a drink. You can add a western twist to their beverage to add up to the theme.
- Johnny popper. These are popcorns. You can add this with the spuds.
These are just suggestions, there are actually more foods that you can serve wherein you and your guests will truly enjoy.
Decorations for Your Party
If you are thinking on what decoration you are going to have, you can just research about how a western theme should look like. If you now have an idea on what you want the place to look like, you can buy the materials that you would need but you can also use some materials that are already available in your house. You can ask your friends in case you need help for decorating your house for your party.
Checklist for the Western Theme Party
Now, that you know what the important things that you should know in preparing for a party, I will share to you a checklist of the important things that you should do in preparing. Here they are:
- The place of the event
- The food that you are going to serve
- The decorations for the party
- Invitations for your guests
- Host (if applicable)
- Program (if applicable)
- Tables and chairs
Now you are ready, or you at least have an idea on the preparation of the party that you are going to hold. Those mentioned above are just suggestions, but you can still follow those things mentioned, it would surely help you.